Monday, September 18, 2006

I wonder...

I wonder exactly how many people who have watched "The Path to 9/11", if all of the Clinton and media drama had not happened.

Really, the media and the Clinton's turned the lives of the writers, directors and actors into a living hell.

Their crime?

The writers, directors and actors had the audacity to participate in "The Path to 9/11" which did not depict the Clinton administration is a good light.

Still, no matter how miserable the media and the Clinton's made the lives of "The Path to 9/11" participants, there are still many undeniable facts that no one can ignore.

The undeniable facts are, we were attacked by terrorists on a number of occasions before 9/11, and we ignored all of those attacks. These attacks were early warning signs of something bigger to come.

Clinton and the media may try and deny that we had early warning signs, but tell that to the people who lost their loved ones on 9/11.

The following is a excerpt from today's Wall Street Journal written by CYRUS NOWRASTEH who wrote the screenplay for "The Path to 9/11".

In July a reporter asked if I had ever been ethnically profiled. I happily replied, "No." I can no longer say that. The L.A. Times, for one, characterized me by race, religion, ethnicity, country-of-origin and political leanings--wrongly on four of five counts. To them I was an Iranian-American politically conservative Muslim. It is perhaps irrelevant in our brave new world of journalism that I was born in Boulder, Colo. I am not a Muslim or practitioner of any religion, nor am I a political conservative. What am I? I am, most devoutly, an American. I asked the reporter if this kind of labeling was a new policy for the paper. He had no response.

The hysteria engendered by the series found more than one target. In addition to the death threats and hate mail directed at me, and my grotesque portrayal as a maddened right-winger, there developed an impassioned search for incriminating evidence on everyone else connected to the film. And in director David Cunningham, the searchers found paydirt! His father had founded a Christian youth outreach mission. The whiff of the younger Mr. Cunningham's possible connection to this enterprise was enough to set the hounds of suspicion baying. A religious mission! A New York Times reporter wrote, without irony or explanation, that an issue that raised questions about the director was his involvement in his father's outreach work. In the era of McCarthyism, the merest hint of a connection to communism sufficed to inspire dark accusations, the certainty that the accused was part of a malign conspiracy. Today, apparently, you can get something of that effect by charging a connection with a Christian mission.

continued...

No comments: