Wednesday, September 27, 2006

7-11 drops Citgo

I have already dropped Citgo gas on my own about two years ago, but apparently Chavez has ticked off a few more people-

Yahoo News-


"Regardless of politics, we sympathize with many Americans' concern over derogatory comments about our country and its leadership recently made by Venezuela's president," said 7-Eleven spokeswoman Margaret Chabris.

"Certainly Chavez's position and statements over the past year or so didn't tempt us to stay with Citgo," she added.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I mentioned something about "boycotting" Citgo a while back, and was told I was being foolish, it won't make a bit of difference. Well, tough. LOL I know I have avoided the place, as much as possible, even though in my travels, they do have the cheapest gas in some areas. I just can't give my money that Latin Lunatic, especially while the people of his country are suffering.

BBG said...

Kate foolish??? NEVER I have not bought a dimes worth of anything from a Citgo station in years.

They and their owner will NOT be missed from the corners of this country.