Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just to be different

JB Van Hollen is taking some criticism today from conservatives.

I thought I would be different and send him a thank you.

Today, Van Hollen ruled that a person's immigration status must be verified before a driver's license can be issued.

The state Department of Regulation and Licensing should verify the immigrant status of all applicants because federal law prohibits states from issuing professional licenses to illegal immigrants, Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen said in a legal opinion issued today.

Now, I don't consider this legal opinion to be a Republican or Democrat issue. This is about the law.

I expect my Attorney General to follow the law and enforce the law.

Van Hollen did precisely that today. I know he is only doing his job, but thank you, AG JB.

No comments: