Monday, June 16, 2008

You tell 'em, Lou

I have not seen or spoken to Lou Perrine in years. I used to wait on him at one of our local restaurants years ago. From what I remember, he was a good tipper and that is all I really cared about in those days.

Most folks that have lived in Kenosha for years know of or have met Lou. The Perrine family has had a gas station in Kenosha for over 50 years on the corner of Sheridan and 52nd Street. The family now has gas stations in different areas of Kenosha and I believe they have one in Illinois also on Hwy 41.

In today's Kenosha News- Lou had a few choice words about gas prices

“Right now we depend too much on foreign oil,” Perrine said. “We allow all these companies to come in, like Citgo, that’s owned by Venezuela, and if (Hugo) Chavez says he’s cutting production to the U.S., we have to bow down to him. I buy my gas on the open market, so I have to buy from him. Iran is mad at us and says they won’t increase production. The U.S. has asked OPEC to increase production by a million barrels and they said, ‘No.’ It’s a combination of dependency on Saudi Arabia and OPEC and allowing them to set these prices. That’s why they have gold faucets on their toilets.

“On the other side, you have environmentalists who say we cannot drill here or there, blah, blah, blah. Until someone does something to change this, I don’t know. We have to wake up, because if something isn’t done, I don’t see it changing. Some people don’t want us drilling anywhere here because they say it will hurt the environment. Well we have to weigh what is good for our children in the long run.”

continued...

You got that right, Lou.

Drill here. Drill Now. Pay Less.

No comments: