Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Is the Greater Wisconsin PAC misrepresenting the real facts

This email was sent to me by my friend Deborah Bowers. Deb was told by her local newspaper that they would not print this letter to the editor this close to the election. (Clearly the media have no problem running an ad that is not truthful, but they do take issue with anyone trying to tell the real truth and get the real facts out to the Wisconsin voters)

It appears that once again the Greater Wisconsin PAC are really confused or they are purposefully misrepresenting the real facts.

Deborah Bowers writes:

It has come to my attention that a commercial currently being aired on the radio paid for by the Greater Wisconsin PAC accuses State Senator Tom Reynolds of being too extreme to hire women on his staff. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Deborah Bowers and I have been on Senator Reynolds’ staff since January 31, 2005. Furthermore, unlike a song made popular by Johnny Cash a few decades ago, I am not male with a female name.

Such an obvious misrepresentation leads me to believe that either these critics of Senator Reynolds are purposely trying to mislead his constituents, or are too lazy to do their research. Neither conclusion puts his critics in a favorable light. If a fact as easy as the sex of Senator Reynolds’ staff is misrepresented, what other pieces of information are untrue?

Keeping this personal let me start with my job interview with Senator Reynolds. He did not ask me anything about my beliefs about Heaven, nor did he ask me about my marital fidelity. Rather, he stuck to job appropriate questions, such as experience and education. I never felt that he pried into my personal life between my husband and me. Since he is a Legislator, we did discuss political beliefs, realizing that we were of like mind on many, but not all topics.

Senator Tom Reynolds has been falsely accused of being too extreme to have women on his staff. I am a woman working for him. With such an easy accusation refuted, imagine how many other false statements about Senator Reynolds are hanging out there.

Deborah Bowers

2 comments:

Kate said...

What an absolute crock! I've seen some of the ads airing against Reynolds, and I have to tell you, it's been a jaw dropping experience. Flat out lies and distortion are ok, as long as they are from the left? Not running Deb's letter is proof positive that even local media are biased! Too close to the election my left eyeball!

BBG said...

yea what Kate said. My left (you know what) gezzzzzzzzzzzzz
Great letter Deb.