The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has broken down the donations for Mark Green and Jim Doyle. Here are some interesting numbers-
- Jim Doyle has received 22% of his donations from out of state
- Depending on how you break down the numbers- Mark Green has gotten 4% of out of state donations. If you include the money Mark Green tranferred from his congressional campaign account, Mark Green has received 15% from out of state donations
-Jim Doyle has received 9,183 individual donations
- Mark Green has received 16,149 individual donations
- Mark Green has received 60 donations of $5000 or more, totally 19% of his donations this year.
- Jim Doyle donations of $5000 or more, makes up 44% of his donations this year.(Again, Where are all those "rich" Republicans?)
- The average Mark Green donation is $176 and Jim Doyle's average donation is $440 (Again, Where are all those "rich" Republicans?)
- Jim Doyle has $5.2 million cash on hand
- Mark Green has$3.2 million cash on hand
Just by analyzing these numbers, you can clearly see that the idea that Republicans are a bunch of fat cat rich people and the Democrats stand for the little people- has been completely blown out of the water.