Friday, May 30, 2008

The status quo is not an option

The Wisconsin State Journal had a great opinion piece about Rep. Paul Ryan's "Roadmap to America 's Future"

The status quo is not an option

A Wisconsin State Journal editorial

If you are 30 years of age or younger, pay close attention.

If the federal government maintains the status quo in spending, it will virtually assure that just when you are in your peak earning years, around 2030, your taxes will be at least 33 percent higher than they are now.

Click here for the entire piece.

This piece is right on the money. As a woman in her 30s, I know this is the future for my generation. Hopefully politicians are listening, because we need this reform. I know I'm putting into Social Security, but I'm not relying on getting any when I retire. My generation needs to stand up and say, "Fix it NOW!"

No comments: