Saturday, January 16, 2010

In fond remembrance, Joyce Beula

In fond remembrance...

On January 13, 2010 The Kenosha County GOP, the community of Twin Lakes and her family lost one of its most faithful members, Joyce Beula.

Joyce was a faithful and excited party member with the GOP for longer than I have been alive. She would tell me stories of working on her first campaign for Barry Goldwater. I would tell Joyce, "I wasn't even alive then!". She would throw back her head and laugh. She loved it, she loved Paul Ryan, she loved Samantha Kerkman, she loved us all.

I remember in 2007, right before the meeting was to begin for our annual county GOP caucus, I had a private conversation with Joyce. I knew my name was on the ballot for the Chairwoman's position, and I was nervous. I told her this and she smiled knowingly. I was nervous about leading the county GOP in a very bad political climate for Republicans. She told me several times, "you are going to be fine, you are exactly what this party needs".

In 2008, we knew Joyce's health was failing but she so desperately wanted to help with the campaign. I called her up and invited her to ride on our GOP parade float in Twin Lakes. She was thrilled. Over and over again there were shouts from the crowd in Twin Lakes. "Hey Grandma!" They all knew her and loved her.

Well, Grandma Joyce Beula, you will be missed.

Rest in peace. Joyce, we will carry on with your passion of getting good conservatives elected for the country that you dearly loved.

RIP.

Kathy Carpenter
Chairwoman
Republican Party of Kenosha County

No comments: