Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A letter from Sen. Feingold

I just received this e-mail from Senator Feingold (or at least I think it was him since he didn't show me enough respect to sign his name):

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1105, the Omnibus Appropriatons Act for fiscal year 2009. I appreciate hearing from you, and I voted against this bill

By passing the omnibus spending bill, which included more than 8500 earmarked pet projects costing taxpayers $7.7 billion, Congress failed to show the American people that it is committed to spending their money wisely. When Congress passed the economic recovery bill (also called the stimulus) to create or save millions of American jobs, it did so without including a single earmark. Congress should have done the same thing with this omnibus spending bill and it should do so with all future bills.

One of the main reasons I first ran for the U.S. Senate was to restore fiscal responsibility to the federal budget. Throughout my career in the Senate, I have worked to bring Wisconsin's historic tradition of fiscal responsibility to Congress, an environment where wasteful spending too often dominates the budget process.

Thank you again for contacting me. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

I was all ready to give him a "way to go" for not voting for the Omnibus, but then he went ahead and lied to me. "it did so without including a single earmark" How stupid does Sen. Feingold (and all the Congressional Democrats for that matter) think the American people are? Just because the Democrats say it, doesn't mean it's true.

To you, Sen. Feingold, I give you the one finger salute for, once again, lying to the American public. Keep toeing that party line.

No comments: